Why Testing and Quality Assurance are Vital to the Success of Software Engineering?
Testing and quality assurance (QA) are critical components of software development to ensure applications’ security, scalability, and performance. Applications that aren’t adequately tested and quality-assured can run poorly, be prone to hacker assaults, and struggle to scale, leaving consumers unhappy. To provide high-quality applications that surpass customer expectations, product engineering services also incorporate testing and quality assurance (QA) as part of the process.
Google has set high standards for quality assurance and testing. The company strongly focuses on code coverage as a metric for QA. It implements two types of coverage methods – daily and per-commit.
In the daily coverage method, engineers at Google test the work-in-progress code for the day. It helps them to fix the errors before they get too far along in the process. On the other hand, per-commit is used for only those tests that need to run for the commit to execute smoothly and efficiently.
With this straightforward implementation, Google increased its coverage by 10%. This is the result of over 100,000 commits. The interesting thing to note is that this part of the entire QA process is completely automated testing.
Similarly, Facebook uses a code coverage tool to find information about their automated testing. There are a few different code coverage methods that Facebook follows. A huge part of Facebook’s architecture is PHPUnit. It is useful to unit test PHP. Watir is the tool Facebook uses to test how content is displayed to the end users.
It is well known that Facebook doesn’t have any dedicated QC roles in the organization. Engineers are responsible for writing the tests for their codes.
The Growth of Software Testing and Quality Assurance
The global software testing market will soon reach $34.5 billion. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.39% from 2021 to 2025. The increasing demand for high-quality software will lead companies to invest heavily in testing and quality assurance.
Companies that have proper testing spend 22% less time fixing bugs and issues. It allows them to allocate 29% more time to productive work. The same study shows that they have 2,555 times faster lead times. It gives them a comprehensive edge while providing speed to market the product.
97% of software engineers are using automation for testing. 76% of all testers said that they were automating more than 50% of all tests. There’s always been a desire to increase automation testing as it offers a productive way to build and test the software.
How do Testing and QA Contribute to Software Success?
Product engineering services include testing and QA as a part of the process. Software testing ensures that the user experience is seamless and error-free. It enables testers to find bugs and anomalies in the application and fix them before they become major problems.
Without testing, digital product engineering becomes difficult. It also exposes the application to vulnerabilities. Cyber attacks take place when there is a software glitch or a vulnerable element that comes under the notice of hackers. That’s why, when building end-to-end product engineering solutions, testing, and QA become a crucial part of the process.
Quality Assurance, or QA, is a critical process that determines whether the software product engineering services are up to the mark or not. The QA team checks the product for quality and ensures that end users get the best outcome.
Here are a few reasons that showcase the importance of QA in software development –
- Improves Security
- Testing and QA in software engineering services ensure the utmost security. There are sensitive and vulnerable parts in the application that need to be secure. Without testing and QA, engineers may not be able to find these defects. Such solutions become prime targets for cyber attackers.
- For example, without proper QA, an application can become a victim of a cross-site scripting attack. A non-tested application can easily become a medium to send malicious code to the user’s access panel.
- Ensures Scalability
- Scalability testing is done to figure out the scaling capabilities of the application. It tests whether the application will scale easily and effectively by gauging the user traffic, data volume, transactions, and more.
- QA also helps to assess and determine the point where the application would start malfunctioning and stop delivering the desired outcomes. It can identify the concurrent number of app users that could lead to its failure.
- Enhances Performance
- One of the biggest reasons software engineering companies emphasize so much on testing is because it determines the overall performance of the solution. A trusted software engineering partner will test the app to ensure it exceeds the expectations of the users.
- When the performance is up to mark, it will help the company build customer loyalty and trust. Customer satisfaction comes from having a high-quality application that delivers a smooth user experience and doesn’t lag.
Ready to revolutionize your business with innovative technology solutions? Explore our case studies to see how we’ve helped companies like yours achieve their goals. Contact us today to learn more and get started on your own success story.
Testing and QA have found a critical place in product engineering consulting. Companies like Tntra technology solutions focus massively on software testing to ensure applications are high-quality and deliver the expected experience. Testing and QA enables engineers to fix bugs and create applications that are seamless and smooth.
Tntra Engineering is a leader in the product engineering industry. With a team of 100+ engineers, the company builds high-quality applications and solutions that deliver an engaging user experience. Get started on your next project with Tntra. Consult for Free today!